Skip to main content

Can You Work Well Under Deadlines Or Pressure? - Interview Answers


Here the question is : How well do you handle stress and pressure?


The best answer to this question is “Yes”. Working well under pressure is a good strength/trait to have. But saying yes is not enough; you need to explain how you can handle pressure situation to bring the best out of it. Tell the interviewer that you work the same with pressure and without pressure.

Your answers can be:

1) Sir, I can handle pressure of work. Whenever there is pressure of work, we need to tackle it from the mental and physical stand-point. Mental stand-point would mean being in a state of relaxation and composure so that I do not feel stressed out during the course of my work and from physical stand-point; I always prioritize my job in their exact order of merit and importance so that I can dispose them off quickly and effectively.


2) I work well under pressure because I don’t panic. I use the pressure to help me work more efficiently. I maintain self control and work as efficiently as possible. At times, I try to prioritize and plan as much as I can.


3) Working under pressure has always been a learning experience for me because it helps me grow. I have always worked well during deadline, and I always learned how to work more efficiently afterward.


4) Well I believe I work the same if there’s pressure or not. I try and take the emotional factors and work hard regardless of down time. I always prioritize and organize my work and hence that gives me a Psychological advantage over pressure. At times whenever time becomes a constraint I put extra effort and time to meet the deadline. So pressure has nothing to do with my work.


ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:

- What Makes You Stand Out From Other Candidates?

- What is (are) your Strength (Strengths)?

- What is (are) your Weakness (Weaknesses)?

- What are your short term goals/career aspirations?

- What are your long term goals/career aspirations?

- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

- Why should we hire you over other candidates?

... Return To HR Interview Index.


Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answer of your own, please do post them in the comments section.


LABELS: work well under deadlines and pressure, say work well under pressure, can you work under pressure meet deadlines, can you work under pressure answer, work under pressure interview answer, can you work well under deadlines or pressure, tell me about your ability to work under pressure, do you handle pressure well, interview question how do you handle stress, how do you handle stress and pressure answer, how do you handle criticism interview answer, how do you handle a challenge interview answer, how do you handle conflict interview answer, how do you handle stressful situations interview question and answer

Comments

  1. Excellant answering technique. Really appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have broad knowledge and understanding in this matter uttam. Thanks for tips and keen advices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! best ever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really help facing interview

    ReplyDelete
  5. its amazing....great work

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....amazing technique and tips
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ur site is of a great help. Awesome effort. Splendid answers i've ever seen. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not agree with this approach. Best answers are those that provide examples. A typical engineer examples ( I am an engineer as well)....trying to prove that LHS = RHS

    It is a rhetorical questions, so say yes... and then say " let me give you an example... when ..." (you delivered under pressure....

    With example, you have a story that can be remembered and if compelling can make you stand out from the herd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really great answers of all questions
    thanks every one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the comment below:


    I do not agree with this approach. Best answers are those that provide examples. A typical engineer examples ( I am an engineer as well)....trying to prove that LHS = RHS

    It is a rhetorical questions, so say yes... and then say " let me give you an example... when ..." (you delivered under pressure....

    With example, you have a story that can be remembered and if compelling can make you stand out from the herd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In fact I work better under pressure. The ability to be calm and collected under pressure has helped me to think clearly the issue at hand and come up with a plan to attack and solve the issue or problem in a systematic organized way to ensure the best outcome/results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great work...useful stuff for many aspiring freshers

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi uttam
    how can i prepare international call center plz help me.i wiil change my life plz help me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers!! Uttam, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Uttam I'm Surya n I'm looking for a good job although I'm a fresher, my main problem is grammar n vocabulary I have been selected for Bpo no. Of time but all jobs were below my expectation I really need ur support. After two days I have to face another interview so plz help me out..
    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome work bro. You are really helping those people who are not able to represent themselves properly. I'm also one of them. So thank you very much for your precious guidelines...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your opinions and suggestions or your experience in the comments section. This way we can all help each other...

Experienced guys can share their resumes at admin@interview-made-easy.com

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me Something About Yourself - Interview Answers.

Try to introduce some of your most important employment-oriented skills as well as your education and accomplishments to the interviewer. Answer to this question is very important because it positions you for the rest of the interview . That's why this statement is often called the "Positioning Statement". One should take the opportunity to show his/her communication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner. Since there is no right or wrong answer for this question hence it is important to appear friendly. YOUR ANSWERS CAN BE: 1) I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people . I enjoy challenges and looking for creative solutions to problems. 2) Besides the details given in my resume, I believe in character values, vision and action. I am quick in learning from mistakes. I am confident that the various tests that you have conducted will corroborate my competencies apti

HR Interview Questions With Simple Answers - Top 30.

Here are some very important HR questions which are often asked during Interviews and I believe these answers can really help you to get through....... Click on them to view the answer: 1) Tell Me Something About Yourself ? 2) What Are Your Strengths? 3) What Are Your Weaknesses? 4) How Do You Handle Pressure / Can You Work Well Under Pressure? 5) What Are Your Short Term Goals? 6) What Are Your Long Term Goals? 7) Where Do You See After 5 Years? 8) Why Should We Hire You? 9) What Is Your Salary Expectation? 10) Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job? 11) Do You Prefer To Work Alone Or As A Team Player? 12) What Made You Choose Your Major / Stream? 13) Why Didn’t You Pursue A Career In Your Major / Stream? 14) Why Do You Want To Work For Us? 15) Are You Willing To Travel? 16) Are You Willing To Take Risks? 17) What Do You Know About This Company? 18) What Do You Seek From A Job? 19) How Do You Evaluate Success? 20) During Your Performance Rev

Why Should We Hire You? - Interview Answers

The interviewer asks this question just to find out how your skills, experience and knowledge can add value to the job. Well to answer this question you need to learn what they are looking for and then tie them with your strengths. This ensures that you are a viable fit for the position. The more detail you give the stronger your answers will be. Try to summarize all your accomplishments and relate what makes you unique. The question can also be " Why should we hire you over other candidates? " OR "Why should we hire you over the others waiting to be interviewed?" Your answers can be: 1) You should hire me because I’m the best person for the job. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job. Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job - my passion for excellence. I am passionately committed to producing truly class results. 2) I believe I’m the perfect fit for this